Monday, May 02, 2022

Heartstopper_series

The story of two British teens, Nick Nelson and Charlie Spring, at an all-boys grammar school. Charlie, a high-strung, openly gay overthinker, and Nick, a cheerful, soft-hearted rugby player, one day are made to sit together in class. Their friendship quickly becomes something more for Charlie, but he initially does not believe he has a chance with Nick. But love works in surprising ways, and Nick is more interested in Charlie than either of them realized. Based on Alice Oseman's bestselling graphic novel series Heartstopper. Eight 25-minute episodes on Netflix. (UK, 2022) You will want to binge-watch it in one sitting. Tenderness is the word. A must-see, feel-good story.

3 comments:

Antonio Maíllo said...

Acabo de terminar de ver #Heartstopper y seguiría viéndola en bucle hasta regresar a una adolescencia diferente. Quién no daría por haber tenido a un Nick Nelson en nuestras vidas. Qué importante es tener referencias.

Anonymous said...

Just binged watched Heartstopper; you were right. It is pacy, spirited and uplifting!

Carlos Martín Gaebler, PhD said...

As an adult gay man, I wish there had been shows like this on TV when I was younger. I felt joyous watching it, but I also felt a sense of melancholy because I couldn't watch an uplifting TV show like this, nor have such a positive representation of gay people, when I was an adolescent and had lots of internal issues to face on my own. It's heartbreaking. Heartstopper is a unique, beautiful story. I have already binged it twice.