Fill in the gap with the correct preposition.
1. We requested an answer __________ them, but so far they haven’t replied.
2. Her refusal __________ show her ID made the police officer even madder.
3//4. The lady wasn’t happy __________ the deal I offered her and insisted __________ speaking to the manager.
5//6 -How did Mary succeed __________ winning the race?
- __________ taking a shortcut!
7//8//9. I’m fed up __________ this kind of work. In fact, I need a complete change __________ lifestyle. The only problem is that I don’t know how to go __________ it!
10. __________ some of the teachers, there was strong dissatisfaction after the administration proposed to have exams on Saturday.
11. Both sides finally reached some sort of compromise __________ some of the most conflictive issues.
12//13. Tommy and Timmy jumped up and down __________ excitement when Helen said she was going to take them __________ the trip.
14. It was John’s dependency __________ his best friend that eventually destroyed his marriage.
15//16. I hate to remind you __________ this, but I always said you couldn’t rely __________ her.