Thursday, March 17, 2022

Going to the Cinema (one more time in 2022)

Going to the cinema still remains both a social and a cultural event; there lies part of its magic. Come and see this year's everyone's favourite film, Jane Campion's grandiose masterpiece THE POWER OF THE DOG, in English with Spanish subtitles at the Avenida Cinema, (Marqués de Paradas, 15, opposite the Plaza de Armas Hotel), on Wednesday, March 23rd, 2022, at 5.30pm. We'll meet 30 minutes earlier, at 5pm, outside the cinema. Feel free to bring a friend or a relative along. Tickets are just €3.50 and can also be bought online in advance.

In previous years, these are the 14 films I took my students to see: The Emperor's Club (2003), Star Wars (2004), Love Actually (2005), Brokeback Mountain (2006), The History Boys (2007), Match Point (2008), Invictus (2009), Tamara Drew (2010), The Help (2011), The Angels' Share (2012), Coherence (2014), The Martian (2015) Paterson (2016), and God's Own Country (2017).

PS: Read V.O.:La voz humana beforehand if you want to find out why you want to watch films in the original version.

1 comment:

I.R.C. said...

I'm grateful to you, not only because of the great film you proposed, but for the great opportunity we had to meet up.
I felt so happy while sharing those marvelous moments inside the cinema, you know, all of us under that dark magical environment.
There were several lovely emotions I felt. One of them, the power of English language in my life. I used to spend hundreds of hours learning it because, I do remember it, I always tried to pass my exams with flying colors.