Wednesday, November 16, 2011

L3 Composition 3: Comparing Youth Cultures


Composition 3: Comparing Youth Cultures


Compare your parents’ youth culture to your own. Recycle what you have learned so far, incorporate some of the following expressions in bold into your text from Straightforward Upper Intermediate and use past tenses appropriately. Write 150 words, double-spaced. You may illustrate your contrastive essay with one or two photos. Here is an example of the first half of the writing task:


Frankly, this is the first time I’ve been asked to compare my own youth culture to that of my parents’. My father and I are not used to discussing his youth at home. Although the Spanish “Movida” didn’t actually reach his hometown, he told me he would often get on a train and spend weekends in Madrid going to concerts and having fun. He even remembers meeting the lead singer from Radio Futura, dressed in black and wearing dark make-up, backstage once. My father was in his twenties and he was such a fan! As he was not into drugs, he just enjoyed the sex and the rock’n' roll. Now, the more I learn about it, the more interested I become in that exciting period of my country’s history, the legendary eighties.

As for my generation, we are supposed to be

No comments: