Monday, October 24, 2011

L3 Role Play on Animal Rights

Role Play: Discussing Animal Rights

Together with your classmate, write down an imaginary debate between an animal rights campaigner (A) and a bullfighting fan (B). They are trying hard to reach some common ground. Use the functional language from page 19 to express their opinions and recycle the language and expressions that appear in the tapescript (page 151) and pair work exercises from Lesson 2B, Straightforward Upper Intermediate. Try to agree on what each of them would say and make sure that both of you write down the complete conversation. Remember to use the following idiomatic expressions:


Personally, what upsets me is …

Frankly, that is absolutely unacceptable.

As far as I am concerned, there is no problem with that.

I am absolutely convinced that measures need be taken to …

I really don’t think most people agree with you there.

I may be wrong, but not everyone actually…

To be perfectly honest with you, I think it’s about time …

I don’t believe for a minute that these animals are treated with cruelty.

cruel

pointless

unfortunate

totally absurd

unacceptable

traditional

business

passionate

ban

torture

close down

draw a line

miss the point

No comments: